Laser Veterinary Surgery in Nassau, NY
A Safer & Less Painful Alternative for Your Pet
Nassau Veterinary Clinic is proud to offer laser surgery as a progressive new option for our clients who want the safest and least painful treatment for their pets. Long used in human healthcare, laser technology is a proven service with multiple applications. Only recently have veterinarians turned to laser surgery, and we are proud to be on the leading edge of advanced animal care.
In many cases, laser surgery can offer several benefits over traditional surgery:
- Less pain: The laser seals nerve endings as it moves through tissue. Your pet will feel less pain after surgery.
- Less bleeding: The laser seals small blood vessels during surgery, resulting in less bleeding and quicker procedures.
- Less swelling: With laser technology, only light contacts the tissue, causing minimal swelling.
- Extreme precision: The laser enables your surgeon to affect or remove only the target tissue, leaving the healthy surrounding tissue untouched.
- Reduced infection risk: The high heat of laser energy kills bacteria and microorganisms as it moves through diseased areas, reducing the chance of infection.
How Laser Surgery Works
A laser is an intense beam of light. Using an instrument that allows it to be precisely controlled, the laser beam replaces the traditional scalpel. Laser energy instantly vaporizes the water found in tissues, allowing it to “cut” or essentially remove an extremely small area of tissue. The energy seals nerve endings and blood vessels as it moves through the tissue, resulting in less bleeding, less pain, and virtually no trauma to surrounding tissue.
The following are recommended veterinary procedures for laser surgery:
- Tumor removal
- Skin tags
- Cyst removal
- Soft palate procedures
- Gingival and dental surgery
If you have any questions, or would like to know more about our Nassau laser veterinary surgery services, please call us at (518) 245-3223.
“I brought my dog to them & they took their time going over everything & treated her with such care & love.”- Stacey T
“Everyone is always helpful and kind every time we are there.”- Jackie B
“I have been going to Nassau Vet for decades. They are compassionate, knowledgable, thorough and professional.”- Cindy C